|Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane, April 1966!|
SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 64, April 1966, was released on February 10, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for both stories in this issue.
- (4:43) Review of MARVELOCITY: THE MARVEL COMICS ART OF ALEX ROSS (312 pgs.), designed by Chip Kidd, photography by Geoff Spear, and an introduction by J. J. Abrams.
- (6:33) MY PULL LIST segment reviewing the June 2020 cover dated comic books that were released during the month of April 2020, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
- (16:32) THE LAWLESS LOIS LANE (16 pgs., Part I is 8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel and lettered by Ira Schnapp. This was Siegel's 98th silver age Superman Family story we've covered in this podcast, and his 156th overall for the era. The story also carried the subtitle, AN IMAGINARY STORY, and is the 24th such story we've covered on the podcast.
- (25:37) DIRECT CURRENTS checklist, featuring some of the DC Comics titles that were published during the month of February 1966.
- (30:33) Part II: THE COURTSHIP OF LOIS AND LEXO (8 pgs.).
- (1:04:00) LETTERS TO LOIS AND LANA column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1966: PART III: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 92 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 336!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1966: PART I: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 157, PART II: SUPERMAN 185, PART III: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 65 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 337!