World's Finest Comics 156, March 1966!
WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 156, March 1966, was published on January 25, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by Sheldon Moldoff and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
- (3:53) After reading a comment about last episode by Halk-Kar, I review the book AL PLASTINO: LAST SUPERMAN STANDING: AN ILLUSTRATED BIOGRAPHY, written by Eddy Zeno and published by TwoMorrows Publishing in 2016. It contains 112 pages.
- (8:05) MY PULL LIST, where I review the comic books that carried the March 2020 cover date which were released in January 2020, that I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
- (21:05) THE FEDERATION OF BIZARRO IDIOTS (18 pgs., Part I was 8 pgs. long), written by Edmond Hamilton, according to Mike's Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits E. Nelson Bridwell as the writer of page 1, and Edmond Hamilton writing pages 2 - 8. This story was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Joe Letterese.
- (31:02) I WAS AN IDIOT FOR THE F.B.I. (10 pgs long), written by Edmond Hamilton, according to Mike's Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Edmond Hamilton with writing pages 9 - 10 and 15 - 18, with E. Nelson Bridwell writing pages 11 - 14.
- (48:07) DIRECT CURRENTS, the very first checklist of some of the upcoming DC Comics titles, that will become a staple of DC titles.
- (51:18) THE PUZZLE OF THE PERILOUS PLANETOID (6 pgs.), starring Tommy Tomorrow, was the second story picked by the EDITORS' ROUND TABLE to be reprinted in this series. This story was originally released in ACTION COMICS 243, August 1958, which we originally covered in Episode 168, for the week of March 2, 2011.
- (53:03) CAPE AND COWL COMMENTS letter column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1966 PART IV: ACTION COMICS 335 (and ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS, featuring the other DC titles which carried the March or March/April 1966 cover date)!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1966: PART I: SUPERMAN 185, PART II: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 64, PART III: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 92 & PART III: ACTION COMICS 336!