Download Episode 115!
As DC Comics celebrates its 75th Anniversary, this episode celebrates another important part of DC's legacy: The Legion Of Super-Heroes. They premiered in ADVENTURE COMICS 247, April 1948. This episode explores the various eras of Legion history:
- The classic Legion era: through ADVENTURE COMICS 380, May 1969.
- The "Disco" Legion, denoted by the art of Dave Cockrum and Mike Grell, whose art was published from SUPERBOY 184, April 1972 - SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 224, February 1977.
- The Baxter Era Legion, so named because of the type of paper stock used in this Legion title, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 1 (Volume III), August 1984 - 63, August 1989.
- The 5-Year Later Legion, named because it began 5 years, in story time, after the end of the Magic Wars which concluded the previous Legion title: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 1 (Volume IV), November 1989 - 125, March 2000.
- The 3-boot Legion, after the third change in legion continuity, which began with LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 1 (Volume V) - 50, March 2009.
Also reviewed is current Legion stories and announced plans for the Legion for the near future, in the 21st Century at least, if not the 31st Century.
Next Episode: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IRWIN DONENFELD!
Join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups on facebook, and follow the podcast and blogs on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league and the COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! http://www.comicspodcasts.com/.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.