Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Episode #3 Part I: Honoring Jerry Siegel: His 1960's Superman Stories!





Download Episode #3 Part 1!

This week is a sad anniversary in Superman history. The writer and co-creator of Superman, Jerry Siegel, died on January 28, 1996, at the age of 81, in his California home. After sharing a brief update on my son's leaving for Marine Corps boot camp, I feature Siegel and Shuster's pre-Superman creations for the companies that would become DC Comics as we know it. Then I look at Jerry Siegel's other super hero creations that he did with other artists for DC. Next, I review Jerry's post Superman comic book career, and his return to DC Comics in the 1960's and why. Finally, I review some developments in the continuing legal battle between the Siegel and Shuster hiers and DC over Superman's copyright, and a separate lawsuit over Superboy. 

Expanded show notes can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com . Send e-mail to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com . 

MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com . Send e-mail aobut this blog to mypulllist@gmail.com . 

Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. 

Thanks for listening to SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment