Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Episode #3 Part II: Honoring Jerry Siegel: His 1960's Superman Stories!





Download Episode 3 Part II!

In this second part of my tribute to Jerry Siegel, I review the other artists who worked on the first stories of Siegel's other heroes he created for DC Comics. Then I highlight the firsts of Jerry Siegel's 1960's Superman stories. He wrote for all of the related Superman characters, including Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane and The Legion of Super-Heroes, as well as Supergrl. Finally, I highlight one of his first '60's Superman stories: SUPERMAN JOINS THE ARMY from SUPERMAN #133. then I share a special tribute story in ACTION COMICS #554, by Marv Wolfman and Gil Kane titled IF SUPERMAN DIDN'T EXIST... 

As always send your e-mails to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com. Expanded show notes can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com . 

MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com . Send e-mail about this blog to mypulllist@gmail.com . 

Superman and all related characters are trademark and coypright DC Comics. 

Thanks for listening to SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment