|Action Comics 336, April, 1966!|
NOTE: Listeners to this podcast know how much I enjoy comic book history (which is why I'm doing this podcast), and I've mentioned how much I enjoy the publications of TwoMorrows Publishing, even reviewing a number of their publications on past episodes. Right now, TwoMorrows is having a Clearance Sale, with selected items up to 80% OFF. I ordered two books, each at half price. If you enjoy comic book history as much as I do, check out their sale by clicking on the link. (This is an unsolicited advertisement. TwoMorrows never asked me to endorse their sale nor paid to have me advertise their sale.)
ACTION COMICS 336, April 1966, was published on February 24, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp. Supergirl made her 21st appearance on a cover of ACTION COMICS, and her 23rd overall. This cover features the second and final story in this issue.
- (8:40) Review of CARMINE INFANTINO: PENCILLER - PUBLISHER - PROVOCATEUR by Jim Amash with Eric Nolen Weathington, published by TwoMorrows Publishing in 2010. This book is 221 pages long.
- (10:46) MY PULL LIST review of the comic books I received that carried the September 2020 cover date, which were released during the month of July, from Discount Comic Book Service.
- (23:36) THE MAN FROM THE PHANTOM ZONE (13 pgs.), written by Edmond Hamilton, according to Mike's Amazing World Of Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database has a story note crediting E. Nelson Bridwell with finishing an unfinished Edmond Hamilton script. I mistakenly stated that this was Hamilton's next to last script for DC Comics.
- (50:27) METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
- (59:22) THE FORBIDDEN FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE (11 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney. This was Supergirl's 147th appearance.
- (1:10:13) DIRECT CURRENTS checklist of upcoming DC Comics titles to be released during the month of March 1966.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN 2020: YEAR IN REVIEW!
Then we will begin to cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1966: PART I: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 157, PART II: SUPERMAN 186, PART III: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 65 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 337!