|Far Left: Terry Cronin. Top Right (L to R): Jeff Kaufman, Martin Pierro and Juan Navarro. Bottom Right (L to R): Tom Mumme, Jo Witherington and Martin Dunn. Not pictured: Sebastian Piccione and Brian Pulido.|
Download Episode 263.Part VI!
NOTE: This episode contains EXPLICIT language. Use your discretion while listening.
The INDIE COMICS PANEL was the second panel I attended at MegaCon on Sunday, March 17, 2013. I would like to thank panel moderator Terry Cronin, of Students Of The Unusual and 3 Boys Productions, for giving me permission to record the panel and present it in this episode. The panelists gave an honest and frank discussion about the perks and challenges of publishing independent comic books, and how to publicize your work and name.
The other panelists were:
- Sebastian Piccione, of Sunday Knight Comics, who is also involved with Invest Comics.
- Jeff Kaufman, whose graphic novel WHORE is published by Zenoscope.
- Martin Pierro, publisher, editor and writer.
- Juan Navarro, also creator of the webcomic The Zombie Years.
- Tom Mumme, also of Blue Juice Films.
- Jo Witherington of Humanoids Comics.
- Martin Dunn of Con Artist Entertainment
- Brian Pulido, creator of Lady Death.
Next Episode: MEGACON 2013 PART VII: KICKSTART YOUR KICKSTARTER PANEL WITH JIMMY PALMIOTTI!
In 2 Episodes: MEGACON 2013 PART VIII: MEGACON 2013 WRAP UP!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I'm drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!