|Action Comics 283!|
Download Episode 261!
ACTION COMICS 283, December 1961, was published around October 26, 1961. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. This issue was the first Superman issue to carry the more expensive cover price. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, who were the art team for the Superman story in this issue.
- The 13 page Superman story was titled THE RED KRYPTONITE MENACE, which comics.org credited as Robert Bernstein.
- Supergirl starred in the 13 page story titled, THE SIX RED KRYPTONITE PERILS OF SUPERGIRL, written by Jerry Siegel and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was reprinted in SUPERGIRL ARCHIVES vol. II and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II. This was Siegel's 57th silver age Superman Family story, and his 91st overall for this era.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 28 titles carried the December, or December 1961/January 1962 cover date.
Since this episode only covers one comic book issue, the ads and other features are also highlighted, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1959: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 99!
In 2 Weeks: MEGACON 2013 PREVIEW!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I'm drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!