|Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane 6 & Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 34!|
Download Episode 260!
SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 6, January 1959, was published around November 13, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It featured the second story in this issue.
- THE AMAZING SUPERMAN JUNIOR (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN ANNUAL 8, Winter 1964, published on November 21, 1963. All three stories in this issue were also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II and SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE vol. I.
- LOIS LANE, CONVICT (8 pgs.), featured on the cover, was written by Bill Finger (according to The Grand Comic Book Database at comics.org) and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
- LIEUTENANT LOIS LANE, U. S. ARMY (9 pgs.), was done by the same creative team as the previous story in this issue.
SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 34, January 1959, was published around November 20, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It featured the first story in this issue. All three stories were reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II.
- SUPERMAN'S PAL OF STEEL (10 pgs.), was written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Craig Flessel (according to dcindexes.com) or perhaps John Giunta (according to comics.org).
- THE UNDERWORLD JOURNAL (8 pgs.), was written by Alvin Schwartz, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
- THE MOST AMAZING CAMERA IN THE WORLD (9 pgs.), written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the January or January/February 1959 cover date, according to Mike's Amazing World Of DC Comics at dcindexes.com. These titles were covered at the end of Episode 180.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1961: ACTION COMICS 283!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1959: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 99!
In three weeks we will take a break from our journey through the silver age adventures of Superman for MegaCon!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I'm drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!