|Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #28!|
Download Episode #239!
SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 28, April 1958, was published around February 25, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three 8 page stories were done by the same creative team: writer Otto Binder, penciller Curt Swan and inker Ray Burnley, and have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II.
- THE SPENDTHRIFT AND THE MISER
- THE BOY WHO KILLED SUPERMAN, which was the story featured on the cover, was also reprinted in SUPERMAN ANNUAL 4.
- THE HUMAN SKYSCRAPER was also reprinted in SUPERMAN ANNUAL 4, published with the DC Comics cover dated January 1962, and also in SUPERMAN: THE AMAZING TRANSFORMATIONS OF JIMMY OLSEN trade paperback.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 37 titles carried the April or April/May 1958 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1961: SUPERMAN 144 & ACTION COMICS 275!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1958: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 2 & WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 94!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I'm drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Wednesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!