Download Episode 176!
SUPERMAN 125, November 1958, was published around September 18, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three stories in this issue were written by Jerry Coleman, and were reprinted in SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I. This issue was previously discussed back in EPISODE 126.
- LOIS LANE'S SUPER DREAM (8 pgs.) drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was also reprinted in LOIS LANE ANNUAL 1, Summer 1962, June 7, 1962.
- CLARK KENT'S COLLEGE DAYS (10 pgs.) drawn by Al Plastino. This story was also reprinted in THE GREATEST SUPERMAN STORIES EVER TOLD.
- SUPERMAN'S NEW POWERS (8 pgs.) pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN ANNUAL 7, Summer 1963, June 13, 1963, celebrating Superman's Silver Anniversary.
ACTION COMICS 246, November 1958, September 30, 1958, also contained 32 pages and sold for a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
- Superman: KRYPTON ON EARTH (13 pgs.) written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
- Congo Bill: THE KING OF CAGES (6 pgs.) written by Jack Miller and drawn by Howard Sherman.
- Tommy Tomorrow: DESTINATION UNKNOWN (6 pgs.) written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the November or November/December 1958 cover date, including the 1958 issue of RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER 9, published around September 30, 1958. For more information about Rudolph's comic book history, listen to GOLDEN AGE OF COMIC BOOKS â DECEMBER 23, 2007 â 55 podcast, hosted by Bill Jourdain: http://goldenagecomics.org/wordpress/2007/12/23/golden-age-of-comics-books-december-23-2007-55/ .
Next Week: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1955: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 8!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1958: ACTION COMICS 247!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.