Download Episode 175!
SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 7, September 1955, was published around July 14, 1955. Beginning with this issue, It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three eight page stories were written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
- THE AMAZING MIRAGES
- THE SCOOP OF 1869
- THE KING OF MARBLES (featured on the cover).
They were reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. I.
WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 78, September/October 1955, was published around July 28, 1955. It contained 32 pages and sold for the cover price of a dime. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Win Mortimer.
- The twelve page Superman/Batman story was titled, WHEN SUPERMAN'S IDENTITY IS EXPOSED, written by Otto Binder and drawn by the classic silver age Batman team of penciller Dick Sprang and inker Charles Paris. This story was reprinted in WORLD'S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVES vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD'S FINEST vol. I.
- The six page Green Arrow story was titled, GREEN ARROW - ACE REPORTER, drawn by George Papp.
- Tomahawk appeared in the issue's final six page story, THE FRONTIER PREACEMAKERS, drawn by Fred Ray.
Elsewhere in DC comics, 32 titles carried the September or September/October 1955 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMICS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1958: SUPERMAN #125 & ACTION COMICS #246!
In two weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1955: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #8!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to email@example.com.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.