Download Episode #151!
This episode continues a quarterly look at the issues of both ACTION COMICS and SUPERMAN.
ACTION COMICS 150, November 1950, was published around September 15, 1950. It contained 48 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor. The art team for the cover was penciller Wayne Boring and inker Stan Kaye. There was no reprint information available for this issue. The stories in this issue were:
- Superman: THE SECRET OF THE 6 SUPERMAN STATUES, 12 pages, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. The writer was unknown.
- Tommy Tomorrow: THE FORGOTTEN HEROES OF SPACE - an 8 page science fiction story, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Fischetti.
- Congo Bill: BARE HANDS - a 6 page adventure story, drawn by Ed Smalle.
- Vigilante: SIX SLUGS FOR VIGILANTE - a 10 page modern western story, drawn by Dan Barry.
SUPERMAN 150, January 1962, published on November 1961, contained 32 pages for 12 cents. This issue was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. III. Mort Weisinger was the editor for this issue. The cover was drawn by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. The three stories in the issue were:
- THE ONE MINUTE OF DOOM: a 9 page story written by Jerry Siegel and drawn by Al Plastino.
- THE DUEL OVER SUPERMAN: a nine page story written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
- WHEN THE WORLD FORGOT SUPERMAN: an 8 page story written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Wayne Boring.
Next Week: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLIOT S! MAGGIN!
Join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups on facebook, and follow the podcast and blogs on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league and the COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! http://www.comicspodcasts.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.