|Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 86, July 1965!|
Download Episode 384 Part IV!
SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 86, July 1965, was published on May 27, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. It featured the issue's third and final story.
- (1:37) MY PULL LIST segment, this time featuring the comic books cover dated November 2018, which were published during the month of September, that I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
- (13:25) JIMMY OLSEN, APE MAN (9 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, drawn by George Papp and lettered by Vivian Berg.
- (29:45) JIMMY'S D-DAY ADVENTURE (9 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN FAMILY 168, December 1973/January 1974. It contained 100 pages for the cover price of 60¢. The story also was reprinted in SUPERMAN: PAST AND FUTURE.
- (48:25) THE TEAM OF OLSEN AND BRAINIAC (6 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin. This was Siegel's 91st silver age Superman Family story that has been covered in this podcast, and his 145th overall for the era.
- (58:46) JIMMY OLSEN'S PEN PALS letter column.
- (1:04:41) ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS 30 issues carried the July or July/August 1965 cover date, according to Mike's Amazing World Of Comics.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Beginning Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1965: PART I: 80 PG. GIANT 13 (starring Jimmy Olsen), PART II: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 151, PART III: SUPERMAN 179, PART IV: ACTION COMICS 327 & PART V: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 59!
http://email@example.com.Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and .