Download Episode 168!
SUPERMAN 123 was published on or around June 17, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10 cents. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. The cover blurb stated that the story was "A Great 3-Part Novel". It was written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Stan Kaye.
- Part I: THE GIRL OF STEEL!
- Part II: THE LOST SUPER POWERS!
-Part III: SUPERMAN'S RETURN TO KRYPTON!
This story was reprinted in THE GREATEST SUPERMAN STORIES EVER TOLD, SUPERGIRL ARCHIVES vol. I, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. I, SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. I.
ACTION COMICS #243 was published on or around June 26, 1958. It also contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime, and Mort Weisinger was the editor. The cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. The stories in the issue were:
- Superman: THE LADY AND THE LION, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story has been reprinted in SUPERMAN ANNUAL 3 (July 1961), SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. I & SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
- Tommy Tomorrow: THE PUZZLE OF THE PERILOUS PLANETOID, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
- Congo Bill: THE FIVE FROM THE FUTURE: written by Jack Miller and drawn by Howard Sherman.
Next episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY OF COMICS COVER DATED MAY/JUNE 1955: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #5 & WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #76!
In two weeks: SUPERMAN COMICS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1958: SUPERMAN #124 & ACTION COMICS #244!
Drop me a line if you plan to attend MegaCon at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from March 25 - 27, 2011, and I look forward to meeting you there!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.